May 28, 2011

9 months in the making...

It's been a long 9 months but when I think back (and look at all those pictures I just downloaded the other day) we've done quite a bit, the most difficult thing, I think, was growing another baby:


(arriving at the hospital for my induction

my only official belly shot of the entire pregnancy)


7:30 am Arrive at the hospital

8:30 am Dilated to a 1; get the cytotec

10:30 am Still dilated to a 1

12:30 pm Dilated to a 3; Dr. breaks my water

2:00 pm Receive epidural and get put on pitocin

4:30 pm Still dilated to a 3


My sister spent a few hours with us at the hospital, keeping us company but both of us were discouraged that I was progressing so slowly--she wanted to see the baby born but had to leave at 5 for another commitment. I called my parents to bring the boys by because I missed them terribly and like I said, the baby was showing no signs of a quick arrival. They spent a short time with us after Carter got home from school.


5 ish pm Danette leaves

5:20 pm My parents and boys leave


Around 5:30 or 5:40 I suddenly and I mean suddenly felt one contraction (only the pressure of it--thank goodness for epidurals!) Then I felt the pressure to push. The nurse checked me and I was ready. The dr. walked in, (he was on his way to my room anyway; he had come earlier and said he'd come back when the kids left) got his gown on, sat down, and I could tell he was basically holding her head. I pushed on the next contraction and she came right out at 5:45 pm. Since pushing for a mere 15 minutes with a nearly 9 lb boy my first time around 7 years ago, I've always said if I could have a teeny little girl, she'd fall right out. I was always joking a little and had no idea it would actually happen exactly that way someday! It was a whirlwind few minutes and laughable that her arrival was missed by everyone by just a few minutes.


(Christian laying on his sister just minutes before she was born.

What you can't see in this picture is that Christian's shirt says 'I'm the BIG Brother.'

Should they even sell that shirt in 12 months size? Probably not!)

Baby Ella
Born 5:45 pm
6 lbs. 14 oz.

(My parents rushed back to the hospital after feeding the boys some dinner.
They saw her and loved her instantly, even though she hadn't even had her bath yet and was still quite gooey!)

(I usually fore go posting terrible pictures of me on this blog, but so far this gives the best idea of what she looks like. And no I did not color coordinate us--it just happened that way.)

20 comments:

Dan and Katie said...

Yay! That is a little girl! Congrats!

jkhuber said...

Oh, I've been waiting for this post! Congratulations, she's beautiful. What a sweet baby girl!

Misty said...

She is BEAUTIFUL. And what a fun story. I hate pregnancy but love birth. Congrats and congrats again. Enjoy her!

Price Family Adventures!!! said...

Congratulations!!! She is adorble and beautiful.

Hans and Michelle said...

Hooray! You both look beautiful.

Berly said...

Congrats!! She s beautiful and you look gorgeous!!!

Colorado Smarts said...

Congratulations! I've been checking daily to see/read the news! She is beautiful and I'm SO excited for you to have a little girl in your family! I also love the name you decided on...congratulations again!

R A C H A E L said...

Hooray!!! She is darling and you are beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys!

Natalie N said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved hearing the play-by-play with everything!! What a miracle birth. All the waiting aside (that can be so frustrating!!), that is a GREAT story. Love the name, love the size, love everything about this teeny tiny gift from heaven. Enjoy every minute of your new baby for us! Wish I could be there to snuggle her up.
lots of love from the Nelsons!!
xoxo

Jennifer said...

Beautiful baby! Beautiful mommy! Beautiful name! Congratulations!

Kristi said...

Congrats! So happy for yiu guys! Can't wait to meet her!

Rebecca said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!

Robin said...

How wonderful that every thing turned out so great! You are both lovely!

foreveryoung said...

Congratulations!!! You finally have your girl and she is beautiful. I'm so excited (and jealous) that she's here and you are DONE. What an itty bitty thing and so lucky to be a part of your family. Enjoy :)

Colleen said...

Hello sweet Ella! I love that you guys are accidentally coordinating! SUCH a sweet baby girl.

wackywilsons said...

My heart is full! I am so glad that she came out okay and I love how tender and gentle your boys were with her...so sweet!

Congrats mama!!

Marlo said...

Congrats! She is a cutie and you look great. Enjoy snuggling and smelling that tiny one.

andrea said...

We are so happy for you guys! yeah! welcome baby ella to the world! You are a trooper diana! She is so precious! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

WhitParks said...

Hooray for that sweet baby Ella. So glad delivery was good to you. I miss you. Thanks for your comment the other day. Meant a lot to me!

foreveryoung said...

I keep checking back here hoping for more pictures of little Ella. I'm guessing the lack of postsis an indication as to how crazy your life has been. It's a hard adjustment! I hope you're doing okay and I can't wait to see pictures of your pink little bundle.